Job Posting – Steel Stud Framer
Robertson Walls & Ceilings is a commercial drywall company based in Langley, BC who is looking for full-time Steel Stud Framers/Drywallers.
- Cut metal framing and trim to size, using cutting tools.
- Install horizontal and vertical metal studs to frames so that wallboard can be attached to interior walls
- Read blueprints or other specifications to determine methods of installation, work procedures, or material or tool requirements
- Measure and cut openings in panels or tiles for electrical outlets, windows, vents, plumbing, or other fixtures, using keyhole saws or other cutting tools
- Measure and mark surfaces to lay out work, according to blueprints or drawings, using tape measures, straightedges or squares, and marking devices
- Remove existing plaster, drywall, or paneling, using crowbars and hammers
- Trim rough edges from wallboard to maintain even joints, using knives;
- Daily clean-up of jobsite;
- Hang drywall panels on metal frameworks using lifts or hoists to adjust panel heights when necessary;
- Cut and screw together metal channels to make floor or ceiling frames, according to plans.
- Minimum two (2) years of construction/carpentry/drywall experience;
- Reliable transportation;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work with hand and power carpentry tools and other construction equipment;
- Ability to do high standard finishing work;
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications.
- Think creatively.
- Be able to kneel, bend, stand, stoop and stretch for long periods of time.
- Lift and maneuver heavy, oversized wall board.
- Work at heights
- Team player
- Red Seal Carpentry Certificate or in the process
- Related training for boom, zoom, forklift;
- Safety training (i.e. fall arrest, WHMIS, etc.)
Competitive salary based on experience and benefits are offered after 4 months.
Interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter. Please include salary expectations. We thank all who apply, however, only selected candidates will be contacted.