We are looking for a competent Site Foreman to coordinate operations and oversee workers at construction sites. As the point of reference of both workers and supervisors, you will be a key person for the completion of a project.
A foreman has a solid background in the field. Your leadership skills and your extensive experience have earned you the ability to direct the work of others and make quick decisions. You must be well-organized and favor safety above everything else.
- Act in a reasonable/level headed manner in all situations that arise
- Have the well-being of RWC in mind at all times
- Report any potential extra beyond the contract to PM
- Read/comprehend project drawings
- Attend pre-project handover meetings
- Schedule project manpower needs with PM/ report to GC
- Perform or delegate site layout
- Attend daily or weekly site meetings
- Keep informed of Company news and developments and communicate same to staff
- Perform onsite material & quantity take-off’s
- Check Quality of work performed by crews and provide feedback
- Ability to perform all jobs on the site and fill in as necessary. Including but not limited to; steel stud framing, drywall, and suspended drywall systems.
- Ability to effectively manage personnel
- Estimate time durations for changes with Project Manager
- Perform Time & Materials work using “T/M Procedure”
- Document all trade damage with using the Plangrid system
- Enforce all GC safety requirements
- Sign-off on employee’s time sheets
- Fill in “Time Sheet Summary”
- Promote the safe and efficient use of equipment, advancing a culture of safety at all times.
- Maintain a safe work site by instructing crews how to use tools and equipment, how to handle materials and what safety equipment is necessary when performing tasks
- Promote and carry out Company’s values of quality and productivity at all times.
- Proven experience as a foreman.
- 10 years in steel stud trade, TQ or Red Seal (preferred),
- Sound English language communication skills (written & verbal),
- Problem solving, resourceful, organized,
- Ability to run multiple crews,
- Knowledge of all aspects of trade,
- Able to read blue prints, proficient in use of iPads,
- Level 1 First Aid,
- Boom and Scissor lift certification,
- Fall protection,
- Supervisors Responsibility Training
- Good physical condition and stamina
- Knowledge and experience of steel stud
- Experience of building layouts
We offer competitive wage depending on experience along with health and dental benefits.
Please submit your resume and cover letter. You must clearly indicate the position you are applying for and salary expectations in your submission. Only applicants being interviewed will be contacted.