Robertson Walls & Ceilings is a commercial drywall company based in Langley, BC who is looking for full-time Drywall Tapers.
- Mixes compounds to apply and seal joints between boards using applicable tools to create a finished surface ready for painting.
- Applies paper tape over joint to embed tape into compound and seal joint using appropriate tools.
- Spreads and smooths compound material over tape using trowels to blend joint with wall surface.
- Sands compound after drying.
- Repairs cracks and holes due to workplace damage.
- Installs metal molding to corners and curved openings and finishes to a smooth surface.
- Good Vision
- Knowledge of industry trends, methods, and products related to drywall;
- Minimum two (2) years of experience or 1-2 years’ trade school certified in applicable program;
- Reliable transportation;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to safely lift, carry and install drywall and related products,
- Ability to do high standard finishing work;
- Be able to kneel, bend, stand, stoop and stretch for long periods of time.
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and deliverables
- Team player
- Ensure all relevant safety standards are followed according to RWC and WorkSafeBC requirements
- Red Seal Carpentry Certificate or in the process
- Related training for boom, zoom, forklift;
- Safety training (i.e. fall arrest, WHMIS, etc.)
Competitive salary based on experience and benefits are offered after 4 months.
Interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter. Please include salary expectations. We thank all who apply, however, only selected candidates will be contacted.